In our careers in investment real estate and as individual real estate investors, the most frequently asked question has been “Are there any good, but simple, books which explain the basic principles of real estate investment?” There are many books on real estate appraisal, real estate taxation, and other specific areas of real estate. These, however, do not seem to meet the needs of the typical real estate investor or the investor who does so as a secondary source of income.
We have prepared this guide in the hope of lling this need.
The chapters in this guide are structured to give you the ability to:
- Select your type of investment
- Appraise your investment’s value
- Determine your annual return on invested capital
- Purchase your investment wisely
- Sell/Exchange your investment for maximum return
- Avoid pitfalls that are common in investment real estate